Monday, September 10, 2007

I heart California!!

We've been in La Jolla, CA since Sunday. I do not want to leave. Plain & simple. I've been thinking of a way to weasle my way out of work a few more days and stay longer. I love it here! It's so laid back, it's a constant 75 degrees & sunny (no humidity) and the food is exceptional. We went to Mission Bay Beach yesterday and hung out. I didn't wear sunscreen because it felt like heaven and my face today speaks for itself. :)- It's burnt. We then at sushi at a local place and then ate frozen yogert at Froglander's. Today we're going back to the beach - I think Coronado Beach (near the famous Coronado Resort) and then out to eat somewhere fancy smancy tonight. The foodie that I am wants some good seafood. I don't want to leave. I can't say that enough. It's the cutest beach town ever - lush tropical plants, flowers, and although the water is freezing it's a beautiful blue and green. I ran around the neighborhood of where Dan, Keenum & I are staying (Bird Rock) and was just amazed at the beauty of it all. I'm more impressed with the weather. I do not want to return to the muggy Magic City. Oh well....my trip has been great. I guess I have been gone long enough. **pouty face** I can't even think of my favorite part of the trip - so many things happened, I saw so many different parts of the country and made so many great memories. Well, I guess I will see most of you Wednesday (at work) and then throughout the week. See you soon!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Cali sounds great...wasn't I supposed to fit in your suitcase for that part of the trip???

PS Me Mi tried to post and got the REJECT because she's not a google user...she says hi :)

Unknown said...

Seriously, it's time to come on back home. Paul's been calling me at work and late at night asking when you were coming back home. He’s concerned you are going to try and stay out in California. I’ve had to talk him down several times in the last 2 days. It’s been really awkward, especially since I’ve never met him, seen him or understand how he got my contact info. Also, as I understand it, Britney had a meltdown at the VMA’s and several people in the Birmingham area (read your work) are looking for your opinion on the matter. I’ve consulted Superficial to get his two cents and he had this to say, “Supposedly Criss Angel was consulted about adding magic to the performance. What magic was that? The off-rhythm dancing? The fishnet stockings whose strength suggests a Kryptonian origin? Or maybe it was dark magic that struck fear into those who looked too closely. Christ, 50 Cent has been shot nine times and was scared shitless sitting in the front row. He’s probably been up all night, clutching his blanket in fear that the Jiggly Girl will sloppily dance out of the closet at any second. God knows I was. I kept a Big Mac on my nightstand so I could distract her with it and make my getaway.”

JT said...

Ruff the Bluff!