Thursday, September 6, 2007

Zion National Park & Etc....

Ok, so I hope those few pictures will suffice for now. It takes FOREVER and a day to upload pictures. We are 20 minutes outside of Vegas and we were lucky to have internet on our way in. After a minor setback and a few tears.... we decided to skip out on the Grand Canyon (don't ask) and head to Vegas for two nights instead of one.

Zion was amazingly beautiful! It wasn't the type of national park I was expecting. It was a desert - no forests or anything. There were these beautiful yellow sunflowers (Amber & I think they are black-eyed Susans) everywhere. (Pictures to come) We did a 2.5 (5 mile roudtrip) hike up to Angel's Landing and I'll just say in 100 degree weather, Keenum & I decided to turn around after mile 1. Amber, Jason & Dan trucked on and eventually Dan made it almost to the top. It's a beatufil place and the weather was perfect.

The RV has been comfortable, more so than I thought. I sleep like a baby and the dogs and cat have been a pleasure. They've been quite entertaining.

Well, after Vegas we will go on to San Diego for the last part of our trip. It's sad that it's almost over. If cameras make it out with us tonight and tomorrow night I'm sure there will be many stories and fun pictures.

Oh and sidenote....Jason & Keenum decided to grow mustaches for the trip. Amber is sick of it by now and thinks it's disgusting. Honestly, Keenum's looks like a scum stache. Jason thinks his is cool and it actually got him out of a speeding ticket today - or so he says.

Oh and one more thing... while leaving Zion today we had a neighbor near us who was just walking around outside his RV w/o pants on. Yes, no pants. Just a shirt. It was so ridiculous that we had to get some pictures. I cry everytime I see them. We'll post that picture later for your viewing pleasure.

Paul - I have not thought about work once.

MM & Ber - thanks for the celeb updates. If we see Brit & Cris Angel in Vegas I'll send them your hello.

John - Belvedere is having a grand time!

Everyone else ...thanks for your comments. They've made me laugh so hard!

NOW....WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS...MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that we are in the same state and can't see each other... :(! This lil blogger made me laugh out loud...I think you are the last comic standing. How's the cold?

Shana said...

OK... the blog owns me! I've been putting off leaving comments b/c the LAST thing I need is ANOTHER user name & pw... But I just can't get enough! Sounds like all is well on the road! And I must ask... Why no Grand Canyon? You've made it that far... PLEASE enlighten us with the drama!