Tuesday, September 4, 2007

White water Kayaking, Thunderstorms and Dime-sized Hail

I want to apologize to all three of you who are reading this ... I hope to have some pictures up by tomorrow. Our internet connection is not the best right now.

We had day two in Durango today. Amber & I went on a nice little bike ride around the camp ground and then we were serenaded by Jason on his guitar throughout the morning. We then decided to go whitewater kayaking down the Animas River for a couple of hours and it was a great time! All five of us had inflatable kayaks. The weather turned sour on us 20 minutes into the ride and then it stormed on us the rest of the time. It even hailed on us for a few minutes.... talk about hurt! Dan & Jason even had bruising from it. It was a very memorable time and very cold too! I seemed to have caught a slight cold in the midst of it all.

It is now 7:30pm and the temperature seems to be a cool 63 degrees ... we are pulling out tomorrow morning and heading down to Utah to visit the lovely Zion National Park. We will be there for two nights and then journey onto Vegas.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I want pictures, I WANT PICTURES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Claire said...

Yes, I have to admit I am a little disappointed about the pictures. Catherine you need to pick up the creative writing a bit to compensate...

Unknown said...

Cat Man Chu -

We are in need of about 6 ConnectFirst -and 10 Monthly orders. So i'm going to need you to make some outside sales calls in your territory. Just call the main office and Memi can get you the names of the churches you need to visit.

BTW - i am e-mailing you some mp3s so that you dont have to sing your gospel music a capella.

paw paw

Unknown said...

For the love of God, please post some stinkin pictures. You've got 4 fans and one of them is about to give herself a potentially lethal aneurysm (Courtney) if you don't give us something to look at. Hurry, Courtney used 9 exclamation points to get her message across, so it's getting serious.

Jennie said...

Sounds like you are having a ton of fun Catherine! I want to see some pictures from Zion at least!

Unknown said...

Man...I am so behind...just now getting caught up on your trip. I am so jealous. Please bottle up the cooler weather and bring back to the 'not so' Magical City. Can't wait to see photos.

Amber said...

PICTURES NOW

Unknown said...

SHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT! I did just have an aneurysm. CRAP, now what???

Unknown said...

Pictures, AC!!! You have a few more readers than 3 -- quit holding out...

Unknown said...

Lies. All lies. I don't believe a word of any of this until I see pictures. Until then, I'm just going to assume y'all have spent the entire week hanging out at a Flying J Truck Stop in Decatur.

Oh, and pick me up one of those truckers hats with the wire mesh on the back. Preferably one that says "These colors don't run."

Unknown said...

Cat - Sorry this couldn'g wait. Baby Ber had a most excellent date last night and is sharing video. Her dream came true when she got to disco with Andy Rodick! http://www.detailsdirect.net/templates/cusdd2005/details.asp?id=32085&PID=494066

Unknown said...

sorry; this link should work, http://www.detailsdirect.net/ber

Amber said...

PL is making videos come back cat!...Me Mi and I just confirmed with popsugar that Brit is opening for the VMA's Sunday I'm pretty sure that is going to be a must see...find a TV!